Our Settlement program offers services to newcomers/immigrants that help them settle and adapt to life in Canada.
Our service begin with a Needs Assessment and Referral service where the clients are provided with settlement plans and provided with or referred to appropriate services or workshops and information sessions. Workshops and Information sessions are presented on topics such as obtaining SIN numbers, Citizenship preparation classes, sponsorship information sessions, and applying for health cards and obtaining a G1 drivers’ license.
We also offer information sessions on community resources such as tenancy rights, banking, navigating the health systems, counselling, mental health services and much more.
Additional Services Include
- Application/Renewal of Relevant Documents
- Preparation for the Canadian Citizenship Test
- Preparation for the G1 Drivers Test
- Housing and Transportation Workshops
- Computer Training
- Referrals to Relevant Services
Childminding Services Provided for Workshop Attendees
- Children 6 months – 6 years old
- Referrals to relevant services
- Healthy and nutritious snacks provided
- Permanent Resident
- Convention Refugees
Information and Orientation Calendar (Online)
To book an appointment or participate in an Information Session, Workshop or counseling, walk–in or call 519-973-5588 at 1368 Ouellette Avenue, 3nd Floor. Windsor, ON N8X 1J9. Free childcare service while attending services 519-973-5588.