The Canada-Ontario Job Grant will provide direct financial support for employers who wish to purchase training for their work-force.
It requires a cost-shared training investment by employers to qualify for the government grant.
Who can be trained:
- Employed individuals must be identified by their employer
- Unemployed individuals must also be sponsored by an employer, demonstrated through a permanent or conditional offer of employment.
An Employer will be required to:
- Make minimum cash and in-kind contributions towards training costs;
- Employ the individual selected for training;
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario;
- Be applying for training that is delivered in Ontario and is related to a job that is also located in Ontario;
- Comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Employment Standards Act;
- Maintain appropriate Workplace Safety and Insurance Board or private workplace safety insurance coverage;
- Have adequate third party general liability insurance as advised by its insurance broker;
- Comply with all applicable federal and provincial human rights legislation, regulations, and any other relevant standards;
Training must not exceed one year in duration.