This document provides information about required action to handle emergencies at the WWWWIW workplace. The goal is to ensure Personnel are aware of emergency situations and response procedures in order to avoid and diminish adverse consequences from an emergency situation by:
- preventing injury or fatality,
- reducing or eliminating harm to W5 Personnel, Volunteers and visitors,
- reducing or avoiding damage to equipment, systems and W5 property,
- ensuring well trained and coordinated response by W5 Personnel, and
- ensuring return to normal office operations as safely and quickly as possible.
Essential to effective emergency responses are:
- Strong and confident leadership,
- Clear chain of command,
- Excellent communication,
- Clear roles and responsibilities,
- Well trained Personnel, and
- Clear, consistent procedures followed by all.